Wednesday 10 April 2013

Travel The World On A Hub

Curiosity is a wonderful thing and it is curiosity that has probably brought you to this page today.
I have been writing on Hubpages for almost seven years now and I have witnessed a lot of great writers lose out on earnings and views simply because Google does not give them a chance to shine.
I am today Throwing down a challenge to every Hubber who would like to try and beat Google at their own game and hopefully between us all we will become a bigger player in Google's strange game.
Ask yourself why are some Hubbers more successful than others and why are some Hubbers earning a lot more money than me or you even though your writing is just as good if not better than theirs.
The answer is actually simpler than you would probably think and that is where my International experiment/ Hubber challenge comes in.

The Hubbers who do best on Hubpages have found a niche topic to write about and they have written multiple Hubs on that topic, Google loves consistency and when they see a list of Hubs by a writer on one topic they shower that writer with love and give them a great spot on their search pages.
My World War One Hubs for example rake in over 1500 hits a bad day from Google between them.

With that in mind, an idea sprung into my head and I thought that it was something that would either work like a charm or sink like a lead balloon.
What if a large group of Hubbers picked out one Topic and wrote Hundreds or even Thousands of Hubs on that same topic?
Of course there are only a few topics that could be covered in this way by a large group of writers and Travel was the first subject that sprung to my mind.

Travel The World On A Hub
Where do you live? No one knows more about a holiday destination than the people who actually live there. They know all of the tourist attractions, best places to eat and where the best hotels are, they also know those little places that tourist would normally not find on a trip there and all of the little secret places that should be experienced more but are rarely visited.

Hubbers come from all around the world and if we could get at least one Hubber involved from every country then we could in reality create a massive travel guide to rival Trip Adviser or the other big travel guides out there.
If a large group of Hubbers got together and wrote a bunch of Hubs show casing their local areas and their surrounding areas we could gain a lot of Google love between us and maybe cut a large slice of of the travel guide market for ourselves.
Hubpages would also be happy because we would be using map capsules, ratings capsules, lists and original pictures in our Hubs.

Linking Hubs if each Hubber only linked one Hub that another Hubber in the group has writen with "Travel The World On A Hub" as the Heading then in reality a user could in fact visit each country written about  just by following a link on each Hub.
Please let me know what you think and if you are willing to take part in this hopefully massive experiment.....jimmy.

I am in discussions with Simone on Hubpages at this moment on how best to go about this experiment and Hubpages seem to be excited as I am about it.


6 comments:

  1. yes! I am following this little experiment to the end. Can't wait to see where we go with this. Pun intended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Cindy, happy to have you on board, lets hope that we get a lot more people involved.....jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could we write about other countries and destinations besides our own. Many Hubs have already been written about my city but I have other destinations in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Jimmy! I think it is a great idea! I would like to participate. I live in Lansing, Michigan, USA, home of Michigan State University. There are many interesting historical events, places to write about. The other useful aspect of my participation is that I have been on Hubpages for less than a month. I am newly permanently disabled. I have had two very challenging years where my health is concerned. I am making the effort to be productive and active through writing. Because I am new to Hubpages, but not necessarily distracted with a regular full time job, as well as not a totally inexperienced writer may provide an interesting gauge for how well your theory plays out!

    Please stay in touch. If you would like to email me directly, Friend me on Facebook as Kathy Andres and I will share my personal email with you. I am very much interested in participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy and welcome to our little Experiment.

    ReplyDelete